The California Career Technical Education Incentive Grant (CTEIG) program is established as a state education, economic, and workforce development initiative with the goal of providing pupils in kindergarten through grade twelve, inclusive, with the knowledge and skills necessary to transition to employment and postsecondary education. The purpose of this program is to encourage and maintain the delivery of career technical education (CTE) programs.
CTEIG Grant Funding Language for Exploring Your Potential
Career Technical Education Incentive (CTEIG) - California
How Exploring Your Potential aligns with CTEIG:
- Exploring Your Potential not only provides a student-centered curriculum that can be implemented as a stand-alone course as part of a coherent sequence of CTE courses that enable pupils to transition to postsecondary education programs that lead to a career pathway or attain employment upon graduation from high school, but it can also be implemented as individual activities throughout these course(s).
- The EYP Program is based on six core competencies, Self-Awareness, Problem-Solving, Decision Making, Career Orientation, Strategic Planning, and Execution, through a series of four courses designed to assist students in identifying and leveraging their best options for experience, employment, and entrepreneurship. These courses provide pupils with quality career exploration and guidance.
- Each of Exploring Your Potential’s online courses guide students in structuring pathways and achieving career goals, enabling a seamless and successful transition from secondary to postsecondary education within the same or related career paths, with many focused on current or emerging high-skill, high-wage, or high-demand occupations.
- Through scaffolding activities and careful accessibility considerations, each of Exploring Your Potential’s online courses provides a diverse perspective on the world of work that supports all students, including those with exceptional needs, to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to transition to employment and postsecondary education in a variety of flexible, traditional and innovative models of work.
- EYP professional development is effective for all teachers, including skilled CTE credentialed teachers and faculty, providing professional development opportunities for all teachers or faculty members via engaging product trainings, data analysis deep dives, perspectives on the world of work, and personalized professional development on pedagogy, best practices, student engagement techniques for each learning community’s specific needs.
How Exploring Your Potential aligns with California’s 12 Essential Elements of a High-Quality Career and College Pathway:
- Student-Centered Delivery of Services: EYP’s online, flexible, modular delivery model removes institutional and systemic barriers that impede students’ access to a broad, engaging range of experiences and core competencies that support the diversity of individual student needs as they progress along a continuum of education and training.
- Student Equity: EYP’s diverse and inclusive featured industry pros highlight equitable educational and employment attainment, and provide a vision for all students including, but not limited to, English language learners and students with disabilities in the K–14+ college and career pathway system.
- Access: The course content and industry pros that form the foundation of EYP’s curriculum provides students with equitable, unprecedented access to a wide variety of skills, education and information. The flexible delivery model allows access to this rigorous program both in and out of school, in a device-agnostic model, and can assist all California students in creating pathways to demonstrable careers.
- High-Quality, Integrated Curriculum and Instruction: EYP’s curriculum is directly informed by labor market information, provides pathways for choice based on student interest, is based on the most effective, up-to-date technology, industry standards, and real-world engagement through relevant learning opportunities. The rigorous, mission-aligned EYP course sequence guides students through relevant learning sequences that can be delivered both in-person and online. EYP’s four courses align directly with California’s CTE Career Pathways. See which courses align to each CTE Pathway with this resource, and dive into the industry pros that speak to each Pathway within each course here.
- Career Exploration and Student Supports: Woven throughout the EYP curriculum, this essential component uses competency-based learning and information about jobs, helping students determine their progression in a single pathway or along multiple pathways or sequences of learning.
- Skilled Instruction and Educational Leadership, informed by Professional Learning: EYP provides professional development opportunities for all teachers and faculty members via engaging product trainings, data analysis deep dives, perspectives on the world of work, and personalized professional development on pedagogy, best practices, student engagement techniques for each learning community’s specific needs.
- Career Exploration and Student Supports: EYP is a strong support for this essential component of establishing a learning plan for all K–14+ students. EYP’s four courses provide information about jobs, and makes in-class and online course offerings available.
- Appropriate Use of Data and Continuous Improvement: EYP’s robust dashboard allows for accountability that is outcomes-based, driving continuous improvement that ensures students can access the best pathways possible. EYP’s reporting is built on the principle that responsible data use is to inform practice and improve programs, not to track students.